Alright, so it’s been a few weeks since New York and Lucky FABB. And while part of the reason it’s taken me so long to get on here and post this update is that motherhood is damn tough when your husband, baby AND Pomeranian are all sick with different things at the same time (not even kidding – wish I was), it’s also partly because there was one very large carry-on sized tote full of beauty products that came home with me and has taken up permanent residence in a corner outside my closet because I am not entirely sure where to stash it all yet. (Maybe a giveaway…? Stay tuned!) In any case, I was finally able to dig through that sucker and pull out my absolute favorite items. Most of these are really affordable, but read through or click for sales and special discounts you can use to get your own. Hope you like these as much as I do. I’ve been using most of them almost daily since I made it back home.
Clockwise from top right (click each title to shop):
- Fluffy Key Ring by Thursday Friday: I didn’t think I’d ever want one of these until I had it in my hand and realized how wonderfully frivolous it was. And sometimes, you just need a little something just because it’s fun. I’m using it as a purse charm but it also works as a key ring. Thursday Friday also has a ton of great totes in fun prints for everyday use (with lots of items on sale at deep discounts).
- Twistband Hair Ties: Pretty colors, gentle on your hair, won’t leave a crease and comes with self esteem-boosting messages like, “That filter looks good on you.” I don’t know about you, but flattery totally works on me.
- Statement Necklace by Prima donna: What I love about Prima donna (aside from this great colorful statement necklace) is that they’re a seriously budget-friendly site dedicated to shoes and accessories for all current trends. They’ve also got adorable shoes and accessories for kids!
- Loccitane Candle in Fleur D’or & Acacia: I’ve only lit this candle a couple of times but I can smell the fragrance as soon as I walk into the room – and not in an overpowering way. It’s gentle and nice enough in the background and obsessively delicious when lit. Going to keep this one around for a while.
- Pinch Minimergency Kit: I’ll admit I’m a little afraid of opening this up and not being able to fit everything back in the tiny zip pouch that currently holds seventeen(!) beauty and personal care essentials, like tampons, deodorant, earring backs, hair spray, and nail polish. But it’s too practical to not keep nearby and actually use. I’ll let you know if I ever have to open it up. For now, I’ll tell you it’s really as adorable as it looks in this picture.
- Dry Shampoo by Paul Mitchell: If you’re one of those people who has the luxury of washing their hair every day, then you can stop reading right here. But I haven’t been one of those people for seven months now, give or take. So this dry wash is honestly a lifesaver. I’ve tried a few and this is the only one that doesn’t leave me feeling greasy, chalky or dirty. This one actually lives up to its name.
- Body Butter by Bliss: I’m not really a fan of grapEfruit or grapefruit-scented anything but this body butter is just the right amount of sweet and tart and feels great on skin – not greasy, only lightly moisturizing. I’m currently keeping it on my nightstand.
- Loccitane Perfume in Ambre & Santal: This fragrance reminds me a little of the warm undertones in Prada Amber, but with a slightly more fall-inspired feel (sans anything pumpkin-spiced, thankfully). I’m also a big fan of the simple bottle that can easily be reused once you’re done with the fragrance.
- Deux Lux Key Chain: Puffy, glittery, and heart-shaped – what’s not to love? Plus it’s sized to not get lost in your purse. Can’t beat that when you’re also storing diapers, wipes, and milk bottles in your Louis (I totally do).
- Julie Vos Necklace: Julie Vos has the kind of accessories that will genuinely get you from the boardroom to happy hour. These pieces are classics that will last for years. One of my favorite pieces was their jeweled bangle, which is great for layering or on its own. Get 15% off your purchase by using FABB15 at checkout.
- Julep Nail Polish: Shown here in two very sparkly shades – “Estelle – Boho Glam” and “Reece – It Girl”. If you have an obsession for nail art, Julep is THE monthly subscription you want to have – every month they release limited edition nail colors and deliver them right to your doorstep. If you can’t make it to the nail salon, they’ll bring the salon to you.
- Charming Charlie Necklaces: If you could’ve seen the Charming Charlie Necklace & Bracelet Bar at Lucky FABB, it would’ve looked a lot like the grocery store after a hurricane watch has been enforced in Miami – you’re not sure you’ll need everything but you’re going to take it anyway. The shimmery, sparkling accessories at Charming Charlie are very budget friendly and easy to layer. I loved the lanyard/long necklace they gave me with my event ID and have been wearing that little stud necklace almost daily. Check them out and get FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50 (no code needed).
- Qi New York Scarf: Underneath it all is a peach, white and grey infinity scarf by Qi New York, which I am loving even in Miami. It’s light, soft, and casual enough to wear all the time. Check out their website for some pretty great casual and comfy items at very good prices.
I’d also like to take a moment to introduce you to some of the gorgeous and talented bloggers I met and liked at Lucky FABB this year. They were all so incredibly friendly, fun to hang out with, and well-styled (obviously). Check ’em out for yourself:
Aleesha from Covet & Acquire, Emily Kate from Capital Style, Paulette from Rorschach, Coffee, and 1963, Tanya from Adventures of a Misfit Librarian, Paulina from Lil Bits of Chic, and Charlotte from Milk N Honee.
2 thoughts on “My Favorite Items from Lucky FABB”