Shakira’s new video may be stirring up some controversy for being a little too racy, but wherever you stand on that, you can surely agree that her hair is pure and smooth perfection. Read on for a step-by-step tutorial by Kim Kimble (@KimbleHairCare) on how to get Shakira’s “Veronica Lake-inspired” waves from the “Can’t Remember to Forget You” music video using Pantene Pro-V products. You can also watch the video once you get to the end and let me know what you think.
- Wash and condition hair with the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner to lock in moisture for smooth hair all day long.
- Apply the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Heat Protection Spray evenly to damp hair and comb through from root to tip.
- Section hair and blow dry with a round brush until hair is fully dry. I recommend using a nozzle on your blow dryer to properly distribute the heat without burning hair.
- Next, use a ¼ inch curling iron to curl small sections of the hair until your full head of hair is curled. When curling hair, hold the tool horizontally so that the ends of the hair are curled under. Make sure to leave each curl untouched, and let them cool completely.
- Once all of your curls are cool, brush through with a round brush.
- Create a deep side part, and with a 2-3 inch section of hair, sculpt “C” shaped waves down each side of hair. Use flat clips or “duckbill” clips to keep these waves in place. Clip hair every few inches depending on how large you want the waves.
- Then spritz with the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Flexible Hold Hairspray and let hair set. This is a perfect time to do your makeup!
- After the hair has had a chance to set for about fifteen minutes, remove the clips and mist with the Pantene Advanced+ Keratin Repair KeraGloss Oil Mist for extra shine.
Watch the video for “Can’t Remember to Forget You” with Shakira and Rihanna here: