As if my recent waddling or growing belly weren’t already driving the point home, attending the Big City Moms Biggest Baby Shower: Miami event made it overwhelmingly clear that I am, indeed, incredibly pregnant. I’m no longer in that in-between maybe-she’s-just-packed-on-a-few-extra-pounds stage. I am fully, recognizably preggo with the hormone surges to prove it. But so were all the other attendees at this event and it made me feel slightly normal for a short while.
But attending this event as a first-time mom-to-be was also incredibly educational. I thought I knew what my baby needed until I took a stroll through the seemingly endless rows of vendors and discovered there’s a whole world of new essentials our parents didn’t need but certainly could have used to make their initial parenting years a whole lot easier (Zippyz and Bibbitec, anyone?). Below, I give you some of my standout products (and maybe some gifting ideas for yours truly!). Have you tried any of these products? I’d love to hear what you think.
1) Tutti Bambini: A one-stop shop for all things baby, including classes, baby planning, and maternity concierge services.
2) Sweet Dough: Custom cookies, pastries and sweets.
3) “O” Pops by Angie: Custom (and really delicious) cake pops.
4) Project Nursery: Inspiring style for baby’s first room and beyond.
5) Daddy Scrubs: Scrubs and gifts for the expectant dad.
6) Zippyz: Onesies that zip (instead of snap) from foot to belly, keeping your baby warm and comfy through diaper changes.
7) H.O.L.D. Couture: Maternity and post-maternity shapewear. (Not pictured)
8) Give Wink: Baby needs and customizable gifts.
P.S. I had to include my preggo Mad Men alter-ego image, created by none other than my baby-daddy. Totally irrelevant but still kinda cute; especially the way she’s still wearing full pumps when I clearly slid across the room last night in nothing more than a glorified kitten heel. Ah, the joys of pregnancy.