One of my goals for the year is to be smarter about my purchases and buy pieces that will update items I already have in my closet. Fashion doesn’t have to be expensive to be stylish – in fact, style is something you just can’t buy.
But with the help of some lower-priced retailers, I’ve found I don’t need to splurge and break my budget to keep my outfits looking current. Below, I’ve included a short list of some of my favorite places to shop, both online and in stores, to update my wardrobe seasonally with great pieces (like this $15 yellow clutch from Forever 21).
What are your favorites? Let me know if there are any shops you think should be added to the list!
1) Forever 21: The obvious choice. A great, inexpensive one-stop shop for apparel, accessories, and shoes.
2) Lulus.com: This budget-friendly online retailer has a very charming boutique-y feel.
3) H&M: Those of us in Miami are still waiting for our own H&M but will happily travel and pop in wherever we can find one in hopes of catching one of their fairly regular celebrity designer collaborations.
4) Modcloth: While some of their items may run a bit on the pricier side, their sales usually offer up some great steals. This is also the place to find quirky tees and accessories.
5) Rebi’s Closet: (Local to South Florida) Aside from being owned by one of my favorite people, I love Rebi’s Closet for consistently having unique pieces at amazing prices. And she’ll come to you!
7) Plasticland: Self-proclaimed purveyors of kitsch curiosities and retro clothing, for both your closet and your apartment.
8 ) BP at Nordstrom: On more than one occasion, I’ve scored the best statement necklaces at an average price of $15; this is much more affordable than the higher priced counterparts throughout the rest of the store with the same quality and detail.