Though I’m incredibly grateful and happy to report that Lucy has been sleeping through the night for the past few weeks, I can still certainly empathize with all moms on the fact that caring for a baby is pretty exhausting full-time work. The kind of work that still requires naps and really great eye cream to help with the inevitable circles and baggage that have taken up residence on my face. Thankfully, the good people at Saks Fifth Avenue allowed me to sample the new Sisley Supremya La Nuit Eye Serum for the past couple of weeks. And I’ve gotta say, I’m pretty impressed.
After a recent inquiry as to whether I should sign up for Glossy Box or Birchbox, I actually had the chance to compare them side by side after receiving them as a gift at Lucky FABB. Here are pics of what I was given so you can see for yourself and draw your own conclusions. Personally, I’m still not sure if it’s necessarily worth the monthly expense but if you have a subscription to either one (or any beauty box, for that matter), I’d love to hear what you think.
Left: Glossy Box. Right: Birchbox
Here’s a list of the exact contents in each box:
- Figs & Rouge: Lip, Face & Body Balm (0.26 oz)
- Senna Cosmetics: Mineral Eye Shadow Trio (0.14 oz)
- Illamasqua: Sheer Lipgloss (0.2 oz)
- Vegebom: Skin Repair Balm (3.52 oz)
- Episteme: Moisturizing Cleansing Cream (4.23 oz)
- Tony & Guy: Sea Salt Texturising Spray (2.5 oz)
- Bvlgari: Mon Jasmin Noir
- Color Club: Custom Polish
- Dr. Jart+: Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+
- Sedu: Anti-Frizz Polishing Treatment with Pure Argan Oil
- Tili: Plastic Bag
- Twistband: Hair Tie