For last night’s MTV Video Music Awards, Vanessa Hudgens’ hair made a slick-back but voluminous statement. Read on for a step-by-step tutorial courtesy of her stylist Chad Wood.
GET THE LOOK: Vanessa Hudgens at the 2017 MTV VMA’s.
Inspiration: Chad Wood’s inspiration for the sleek and chic style was to play off the texture in Vanessa’s dress.
Here’s the ‘step-by-step’ to recreate this look:
- Start with wet hair and apply John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion
- Then, blow dry the hair straight and back – styling each section away from the face and helping create extra volume at the crown
- Next, section off the hair and starting at the nape, flat iron the hair 1” sections at a time and spray each section with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray
- To give the hair a polished wet look like Vanessa’s, applyJohn Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Crème
- Finally, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to lock in the style